BC Hospice Palliative Care Association recognizes its obligation to respect and protect the privacy of our members, donors and website visitors. All personal information provided online is secure, and we have developed procedures to prevent unauthorized access and to ensure proper use of information. BC Hospice Palliative Care Association complies with federal and provincial privacy legislation and adheres to ethical guidelines established by professional fund raising associations.
The key elements of our policy are:
- We do not lend, exchange, rent or sell our member lists to other organizations.
- The personal information you provide when making an online donation or registering for an event will be protected and will not be disclosed to any third parties.
- BC Hospice Palliative Care Association may gather data concerning traffic on the website for statistical analysis. This data is not linked to your personal information, and is used strictly to improve content on the site.
- When you make a donation online, a secure connection is established, and your information is encrypted to prevent interception during the transaction. The secure connection is maintained until the transaction is completed or terminated.
- When you renew your membership or register for an event online, credit card information is only retained for the single transaction and is then removed from the system.
- Employees of BC Hospice Palliative Care Association who have access to your personally identifiable information in connection with processing donations or memberships are required to keep the information confidential. They are not permitted to use this information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for BCHPCA.
- If you provide us with your postal and/or email address, you may receive periodic mailings regarding BC Hospice Palliative Care Association programs and services. If you prefer not to receive these mailings, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have supplied your telephone number online, you may receive telephone contact from us responding to any requests you may have made.
- Requests for links to other websites are granted at the sole discretion of BCHPCA and governed by the policies and mandate of the Association.
- Our website may contain links to websites of other organizations that maintain their own privacy and security policies. This policy articulates the privacy practices of the BC Hospice Palliative Care Association site only.
- BCHPCA website content is copyright.
To contact us with comments, please email email@example.com