- This event has passed.
National Cancer Wellness Awareness Day
June 26, 2020
DID YOU KNOW THAT:
Not all Canadians have access to cancer wellness programs?Or that cancer wellness can increase the probability of living through and/or living better with cancer?
ON JUNE 26TH, JOIN THE MOVEMENT!
WHAT IS CANCER WELLNESS AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
- Cancer Wellness, also known as psychosocial care, is a whole-person approach to wellness.
- It improves all the challenges that come with a cancer diagnosis: fatigue, quality of life, diet, mental health.
- It empowers people living with cancer to make concrete behavioural, spiritual and physical changes in their lives to help them live well with and through cancer.
WHY HOLD A NATIONAL CANCER WELLNESS AWARENESS DAY ?
- 1 in 2 Canadians is expected to develop cancer in their life; most are unaware of the importance of cancer wellness.
- The goal is to get Canadians talking about cancer wellness and what it means to live well with cancer.
- The goal is also to encourage anyone living with cancer (both those diagnosed with cancer and families and caregivers) to seek out cancer wellness resources in their community. For more information, call the Living Well With Cancer Network at (514) 695-9355 (Montreal area calls) or 1-833-274-9355 (toll free).
GET INVOLVED !
- On June 26th, take to social media: Post your support for cancer wellness with the National Cancer Wellness Awareness Day logo (download it HERE) and hashtag (#NCWAD).
- If you have cancer and would like to know more about cancer wellness in your community, call the Living Well With Cancer Network at (514) 695-9355 (Montreal area) or 1-833-274-9355 (toll free)
- If someone you know has cancer, speak to them about cancer wellness and refer them to the Living Well With Cancer Network: (514) 695-9355 (Montreal area) or 1-833-274-9355 (toll free)